Sunday, January 25, 2009

Considerable progress on spindle assembly...

Bam!

Had to rework a good bit of the upright so I could make modifications without a million constraints and sketch values erroring out.

Spread the bearings a bit wider, and redid everything for the Wilwood DynaPro caliper. 1.5" pistons up front with a 0.81" x 10.75" dia straight vane, vented disc. Top hat will be as simple as I can make it, likely a plate of AL2024 for retained strength at high temperature.

Added a wheel for a Hall effect wheel speed sensor. I may make it a simpler flat plate version, depending on how exactly I want to mount the damn thing. At this point I need to figure out how I'm going to mount and package (a) the wheel speed sensor, (b) the brake ducting, and (c) ideally an IR sensor for the rotors.

No comments: