Sunday, January 18, 2009

Back at it - Brakes

Finally got some things resolved and can get back into design. Originally I had been looking at using 4-piston AP calipers on the front. Now that I've gone back and read the rules again it would appear that

  • On any caliper on a F1000 car, all pistons must be the same bore diameter.
  • The variety of 4-pistons I had been looking at from AP are all staggered, i.e. with a leading and trailing piston of different bore diameter (the way it should be!).
  • Alcon also only offers staggered 4-pistons.
  • I may be forced to go with 4-piston Wilwood Billet Dynalite Pro's
  • ...I may still look into Brembo. Edit - Having looked through their catalog is appears their pistons are staggered as well.
  • Performance Friction calipers look enormous.
Am I missing any? Other than Endless, Stoptech, etc which also look to be on the large size.

No comments: