Saturday, February 26, 2011

After 2 weeks at a pro race team...

I tell ya what, it's been busy! Figure I'll give an update while I'm not doing design work in this transition period.

Par for the course is about a 7:00-6:00 or 6:30-6:30 (that's 0700-1800 or 0630-1830 for you military and central European types). I've also been doing a 7 hour drive between Charlotte and Akron every weekend to clean and pack stuff at my old apartment, since I had all of two days between ending my first job and starting my second.

It's fun though. Challenging, with an immense backlog of work to do. Pace is wild. Finally starting to do some work with an impact. Gave my report in advance of this weekend's race at Phoenix, where the #22 just qualified 2nd. Really had the pace to be a pole lap by a wide margin. Had the fastest car in first practice by half a second, so the up-front work by the race engineers can't be too far off.

Hopefully on Monday morning the feedback will be, "Tire info looked good," rather than, "Yeah that data was way off, we had to work with something completely different."

In any event, as I said, still in the process of moving shit down there. Hopefully I'll pick things up in another couple weeks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

DUDE!!! It's Byron from FSAE. Wish I knew about this blog earlier I'll try to catch up. How's working for the dark side of racing? I'm at Boeing in California.